Accessible and Affordable Options for All Virginians
"Many families across our community struggle to afford even the most basic healthcare coverage. I'm committed to fighting for a system that provides affordable coverage to every Virginian, because no one should have to choose between buying food or paying doctor's bills."
In the General Assembly, Alfonso successfully:
- Fought for the expansion of Medicaid to over 500,000 new Virginians—including over 45,000 residents of Arlington & Fairfax counties—and put an end to the practice of surprise billing.
- Passed legislation to grant Medicaid coverage to immigrant mothers and children.
- Worked across the aisle to preserve funding for critically important free health clinics across the Commonwealth, including the Arlington Free Clinic.
- Defeated Republican legislation that would limit women's reproductive choice.
As Delegate, Alfonso will support legislation that will:
- Protect a woman’s right to make her own healthcare decisions.
- Expand healthcare access and affordability to low income Virginians and immigrants.
- Fight to ensure that no Virginian should live under the fear of financial ruin, should they or a loved one get injured or become ill.