Resources for Families Impacted by the Government Shutdown
- Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS): The bottom of the page includes ideas on how those not impacted can support the families that are.
- The Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC): provides free weekly groceries to all Arlington residents in need, including those affected by the federal shutdown. AFAC has no income limits and is available to families and individuals who need short-term or long-term food assistance.
- Washington Gas: flexible payment arrangements for government employees directly impacted by the shutdown: 1-844-WASHGAS (844-927-4427).
- Arlington County: offering assistance in many areas.
- The Animal Welfare League of Arlington: offers a pet food pantry to help federal government workers who need assistance feeding their pets.