Registering To Vote
Download a Registration Form
Check Your Voter Registration Status
Update Your Registration Online
To participate in the 2019 General Election on Tuesday, November 5th, you must be registered to vote at your current address by Tuesday, October 15th!
For more information:
Arlington County Office of Voter Registration
2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 320
Arlington, VA 22201
Telephone: (703) 228-3456
Fairfax County Office of Elections
12000 Government Center Pkwy., Suite 323
Fairfax, VA 22035
Telephone: (703) 222-0776
Virginia Department of Elections
1100 Bank St., First Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Telephone: (800) 552-9745
Absentee voting for the 2019 General Election will begin on Friday, September 20th!
To request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you — Tuesday, October 29th.
To vote in-person absentee — Saturday, November 2nd.
Arlington Absentee In-Person Voting
Bozman Government Center (Courthouse Plaza)
2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 320
Tue-Thu, Oct. 29-31 (8 am – 7 pm)
Fri Nov. 1 (8 am – 5 pm)
Saturdays, Oct. 19, Oct. 26, and Nov. 2 (8:30 am – 5 pm)
Ends at 5 pm on Saturday, Nov. 2
Fairfax County Government Center (Conference Rooms 2/3)
Thursdays: 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Saturdays October 5 & 12: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Do You Qualify?
You may qualify for Absentee Voting if you meet one or more of the following:
- A student at a higher learning institution (including your spouse)
- Absent for business purposes (includes those employed outside of Arlington or Fairfax)
- Absent for personal business or vacation
- Working and commuting 11 of the 13 hours the polls are open
- A firefighter or first responder
- Unable to go to the polls due to a disability, illness or pregnancy
- A caretaker for a confined family member
- Awaiting trial and under confinement
- Serving time for a misdemeanor conviction
- Unable to go to the polls due to religious conflicts
- An active duty uniformed service or merchant marine member (including dependents residing with you)
- Regularly employed outside the U.S. (including dependents residing with you)
- Living abroad indefinitely (may be eligible to vote only for federal offices)
- A registrar, an Electoral Board member or an election officer scheduled to work the election
- Designated by a Party or Candidate as an Authorized Representative to work inside the polls
- Granted a protective order issued by a court
Polling Locations & Voter IDs
Virginia law requires all voters to provide an acceptable form of photo ID when voting in person at their polling place. Acceptable IDs include:
- Valid Virginia driver's license
- Valid U.S. passport
- Any other photo identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Valid student identification card containing a photograph of the voter issued by any institution of higher education located in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Any valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer's business
For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs, visit the Virginia Department of Elections.
For detailed information about the Lopez for Delegate campaign, including contribution history, financial disclosures, and other records, please visit the Virginia Public Access Project's website.