Healthcare & Housing – Accessible and Affordable Options for All Virginians
Countless families across our community struggle to afford even the most basic healthcare services or housing options. As our community grows, the cost of living continues to rise, placing increased burdens on the many families in our region that live paycheck-to-paycheck.
No family in our community should have to choose between buying food or paying doctor's bills. No family in our community should have to choose between
Alfonso will support legislation to:
- Repeal the 2006 constitutional amendment prohibiting domestic partnerships and civil unions.
- Codify employment non-discrimination and allow local governments to have non-discrimination policies for their employees.
- Implement In-State Tuition benefits for children who graduate from a Virginia high school, are accepted by an institution of higher education in Virginia, whose parents can prove they pay taxes and that they are in the process of becoming naturalized.
- Implement comprehensive immigration reform.
- Defend the civil rights of all Virginians.
- Defend a woman’s right to choose.